When discussing social media marketing, Facebook and Instagram tend to be the platforms that are brought up first in terms of advertising. Other platforms like Twitter and Pinterest tend to get less focus and energy, however, did you know that Pinterest is arguably one of the best ways to drive traffic to your site?
Most people are pin-happy when it comes to DIY projects, fashion, home decor, etc., but surprisingly 87% of Pinterest users have bought a product they saw on the platform. Pinterest converts more browsers into buyers because it reduces the number of steps from discovery to conversion. Users convert into sales or leads faster on Pinterest than on any other social media platform.
Why Pinterest Matters
- Pinterest is the second-largest search engine in the world that google does not own. People are actively using their mobile phones to search Pinterest for inspiration that leads them to make a purchase.
- Struggling to reach millennials? Half of U.S. millennials use Pinterest. Use this channel to introduce your business to a whole new audience.
- eMarketer says only Facebook outranks Pinterest in terms of influencing US social media users.
- Pinterest is a great tool for increasing links back to your website, thus creating tons of traffic, and improving SEO!
How Are The Analytics?
Pinterest provides analytics to you, narrowed down to the objective of each ad you run. This will allow you to adjust your ads to which work best for your audience. You’ll be able to see which pins drive the most traffic to your site, along with demographics and the number of people who engage with your business on a monthly basis.
Their analytics are super straightforward and easy to understand. Bottom line? Their analytics rock.
Tips and Tactics
- Follow members of your target audience. You’ll be able to see exactly what they pin – making it easy to see what inspires them and what they’re interested in. Can you say jackpot? You will have direct insight into your target audience, which will allow you to alter your marketing and/or products and services accordingly. Not only that, but you’ll be able to see what content of YOURS that your target audience pins, so you can create more similar content.
- Don’t forget to pin consistently. Keep in mind that evenings and weekends are when the majority of Pinterest users are online and active, searching for their next project (or what to spend $$ on next).
- Pinterest is a VISUAL search engine. Use high-quality lifestyle images, rather than product images and don’t forget to always optimize for mobile devices. Many people are using Pinterest on-the-go!
Not convinced that Pinterest is right for your business? Give it a try. We guarantee you won’t be sorry!